In Podaris:Plan you can collaboratively and accurately develop:
- An overall infrastructure network design
- Right-of-way requirements
- Phasing strategies and scenarios
- Travel-time performance
- Spatial connectivity maps
- Key project metrics such as track length
- Collated feedback (from Podaris:Engage) from the larger stakeholder group.
- Service schedules, allowing you to develop timetables and uderstand fleet size and capacity.
However, there are some key limitations to be aware of:
- Podaris is a 2D planning tool. Gradients and their performance effects are not taken into account. We plan to offer 3D capabilities in the future.
- Curves are calculated without transitions (clothoid curves / cornu spirals). This results in right-of-way inaccuracies that are insignificant for lower-velocity systems such as PRT, but more important for high-speed rail or hyperloops. This is also being addressed in the future.